A cookie is a small file that is stored by the computer when a website is visited by a user. Cookies allow a website to recognise the preferences expressed by a user during a previous navigation, when he returns to visit that site. A cookie itself does not contain or collect any information. However, when read by a server to a web browser, it can help a web site to provide easier access, for example, remembering past purchases or the details of an account. This information may allow the identification of the visitor.
This site installs the following types of cookies:
First-party Cookies: They are called “Technical Cookies” which are used for the sole purpose of “sending a communication on an electronic communication network, or in the measure strictly necessary to provide a service explicitly requested by the user or by the user to provide such service”. Cookies are not used for other purposes and are normally installed by the owner or operator of the website. You will therefore always used and is sent unless the user does not change the settings in your browser (undermining thus the display of site pages). These cookies are of two categories, persistent and session:
- persistent: once you close your browser they are not destroyed but remain up to a pre-set expiration date
- session cookies: they are destroyed whenever you close your browser
The family of tecnical Cookies includes:
- Navigation or session cookies, that guarantee normal browsing and using the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or log in to access and customize restricted areas).
- Analitic cookies, assimilated to the technical cookies if used from the site operator to collect information, on the number of users and how they visit the same site.
- Function cookies, which allow the user browsing according to selected criteria (e.g., language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service to the same.
they are saved on your computer by third parties, such as social network and the advertising agency. The Google Adwords remarketing, for example, save cookies that expire after a set number of days and are used to built segments of interest based on the pages you visit.
Cookies are recorded in the memory of your browser and each one should contain:
- The name of the server from which the cookie has been sent
- Time, date of request and the cookie expiration
- The IP address
- The type of the operating system, the used browser, screen resolution and other technical information
- A value, usually randomly generated unique number from the computer
The web site server which transfers the cookie uses this number to recognize you when you return to visit a site or navigate from one page to another one. Only the server that installs the cookie can read it.
This data are anonymous and are processed and stored only for statistical purposes.
Most web browsers accept cookies. You still have the option to reject cookies by changing your browser settings.
Doing this, you may loose some of the functionality of this website.
Here we list the types of cookies that we use on our site and why they are used:
Technical Cookies: they are used automatically to provide services such as, responding to written comments, sending requests for assistance or information, language choice, session.
Analylic Cookies: these cookies are used to measure and analyze how visitors use our website. We use this information to improve your experience on our site.
To disable, remove or block cookies you can use browser settings, according to their directions: